Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Voices to Live and Die by - Jessica Irvine

by Frank Gualtier -- 08/08/07

Jessica IrvineOkay, so what exactly do I mean when I say "Voices to Live and Die by"? (besides showing off my poor grammar)

I mean that there are some voices that impart to the listener such a sense of the 'beauty in humanity' that when you hear them you're struck so hard that it knocks everything but the innocence right out of you. The tarnish is lifted -- everything reflects and you're overcome with a gladness to be alive. And at that very instant you know that if you were dying it would be okay because you're so filled with rapture that surely it will follow you to where you're heading and you'll defy the adage -- you will not "die alone".

has a voice to live and die by. She's also an exceptionally talented composer. I've heard her range from a fusion of pop and hip-hop (sans rap) to some experimental styles that defy my explanation. I personally prefer the more pop oriented Irvine but damn -- with a voice like that she could sing any style and it would bring a smile to my face.

I know very little else about her. At her website she mentions a desire to put out an album. I would gladly wait an eternity for that. Hopefully she won't and will find a way to work it out much sooner.

Stop by her myspace profile and listen to her and let her know what you think.

Finally, is this one of the coolest and most inspiring images you've ever seen!?

Jessica Irvine

Links for Jessica Irvine:

No comments: